Welcome from the Chair of Governors
Welcome to the section of the website where you can find out more about Blenheim's Local Governing Body, and the work that we do. All of our governors actively support the Head Teacher, Mr Woollard, and the staff in achieving the aims and objectives at Blenheim whilst constantly seeking to improve standards across the curriculum.
Current Board of Governors
|Members||Governor Type||Term of Office Ends|
|Darren Woollard||Executive Head Teacher||NA|
|Amanda Wiley||Head of School||NA|
|Simon Tutton (Chair)||Co-opted||27.09.21|
Our commitment to the school
The role of the Local Governing Body is a strategic one. Its key functions are to:
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
The Head Teacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the Governing Body.
Getting in contact with a Governor
It is our aim as a Governing Body to be as open and as approachable as possible, therefore we are keen to hear from you if you have any questions relating to the school from a strategic perspective. To reach any of us please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at the school reception with your question and we will come back to you.