School and Centre Nursery
Our @Blenheim Flyers let you know what your child will be learning about every half-term. Not only do they explain what themes will be studied but also how the curriculum is embedded through each subject. The @Home Flyers allow you to take part in the learning outside of the classroom. There will be recommended reading books and also learning to try at home!
The nursery curriculum is based on the Department for Education's Guidance: Early Years Foundation Stage.
EYFS identifies seven key areas of learning made up of three prime areas of learning and development:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
And four specific areas of learning and development:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Our nursery rooms offer a range of high quality resources and activities that are planned around these key areas to support each individual child in their learning and development. Children are assigned a key person who will undertake regular observations and assessments, recording children’s experiences within individual learning journeys.
Blenheim Nursery offers a caring environment which, through play and exploration, promotes children's learning and development. All children and families are valued and respected by our dedicated team who recognise that each child is individual and has needs that should be met in an atmosphere that celebrates diversity. Children need acceptance and approval in order to develop a positive concept of self and grow in confidence and self esteem. We see our parents as partners, foster positive relationships and work together to enable children to reach their full potential and promote their health, development and well being through a process of observation, assessment and planning for next steps.
We also have a qualified Special Educational Needs and Disability coordinators and two qualified 1-1 support workers who's primary focus is to support children with additional needs.
- We provide both term time and extended weeks provision with a range of flexible childcare and education options within a stimulating learning environment. The nursery premises offers excellent resources across all nursery rooms with high quality resources, including technology to support learning. All rooms offer free flow access to the outdoor learning environment and access to the beautiful shared grounds and forest school areas of Blenheim Primary School.
- Our settings are led by a committed, well qualified and experienced team including degree, qualified professionals supporting play and learning, a leadership qualified manager coordinating provision and primary teaching staff supporting curriculum development across all nursery settings.
- The safety and security of the children is paramount and access points into the nursery have security locks or coded access pads.
- We encourage parents looking for day nursery provision to visit the centre as it offers you the opportunity to view the nursery rooms in operation, meet staff and ask questions. You can telephone or email to book a mutually convenient time for you to visit.
- Partnership working with parents is embedded into the nursery ethos. Lead practitioners offer home visits at initial registration, parents are invited to attend conferences to discuss their child’s progress at nursery. Questionnaires, regular newsletters, a parents' board and topic activity sheets for our three plus groups keeps parents updated and provides the opportunity to be involved in the school community, nursery and children's learning.