Welcome to the section of the website where you can find out more about Blenheim's Local Governing Body, and the work that we do. All of our governors actively support the Headteacher, Mr Woollard, and the staff in achieving the aims and objectives at Blenheim whilst constantly seeking to improve standards across the curriculum.
Who Are We?
Mr David Crossley (Chair/Parent)
Mr Darren Woollard (Head Teacher)
Mr Gary Wilkie (Trust CEO, Director & Accounting officer)
Mr Gavin Dixon (Co-opted)
Mr Damian Loneragan (Co-opted)
Mr Jonathan Moore (Co-opted)
Mrs Louisa Withers (Parent)
Mr James Green (Staff)
Clerk to the Governors: Mrs Pat Ross
Our commitment to the school
As governors we are aware of the important role we have to play in challenging the leadership team and we have a duty to focus on key priorities such as:
• Making sure the school's vision and values are evident in every aspect of school life;
• Making the school fulfils its statutory duties;
• Attending governor meetings and making informed decisions in the best interests of the school;
• Actively gathering information about the school by looking at data on the progress of our
• Visiting the school to see it in action and seek the views of parents, children and staff.
• Supporting the Headteacher and all staff in providing the best education for our children, at the
same time as holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of our
• Being proactive and bold in driving forward school improvement;
• Overseeing the finances of the school and making sure that the money is well spent;
• Being open and transparent in our work.
Our commitment to the children
We carry out a number of monitoring visits across school, looking for evidence of
improvement in areas such as marking and feedback, appropriate levels of support and
challenge for pupils, with a focus on meeting the needs of every learner. We have more visits
planned for the summer term and would encourage you to approach us.
Getting in contact with a Governor
It is our aim as a Governing Body is to be as open and as approachable as possible, therefore we are keen to hear from you if you have any questions relating to the school from a strategic perspective. To reach any of us please drop an email to office@Blenheimprimary.co.uk or leave a message at the school reception with your question and we will come back to you.
Chair of Governors